Friday, March 25, 2016

EASTER DINNER MENU!

I have been a negligent blogger of late...does not mean I have not been cooking up a storm or thinking and wondering about what you all are cooking; just not taking the time to write about it. Please forgive and that will change. I have so many things I want to share with you that my head is spinning, but tonight, I simply want to tell you about our Easter dinner menu. I love Easter. It is one of my favorite holidays, which may be a little odd because I was not brought up with any formal religion. I see Easter as the beginning of spring; a time of re-birth; new-beginnings; anything possible; and complete hope for a bright future.

So here is this year's menu, and the theme this year--

WELCOME TO A GARDEN PARTY!

Starters:
Stuffed Eggs Topped with Hickory Smoked All-Natural Bacon
Mini Beef Wellington's with Mushroom Duxelle
Roasted Red  Pepper with Smoked Salmon and Fresh Herbed Cream Cheese

This is an appetizer tray I put together for my tennis group. The peppers are front and center.

From a previous Easter dinner...they look a little devilish!

Cocktail Du Jour:
Butterfly Martini Garnished with Garden Pansies
I have to admit, I cannot wait to try this one!

First Course:
Cream of Butternut Squash Soup with Cinnamon Croutons (Thanks Deb!)
This is my new door ornament. I love the rabbits on these cute little eggs!
Next Course:
Scallop and Sole Mouselline with Beurre Blanc Sauce, Fresh Dill and Watercress
Father Zeller's Candles...so very special. Thank you Dennis and Diana (and Doris!). We will only light if you join us.
Intermezzo:
Blood Orange, Cucumber and Lavender Granita

Primary Course:
Spring Leg of Lamb stuffed with Spinach and Chevre (and a lot of other good stuff!)
Roasted Sweet Potato and Butternut Squash Casserole
Asparagus and Spring Peas with warm tarragon and bacon Vinaigrette

Finale:
Coconut Key Lime Pie topped with Whipped Cream, Toasted Coconut and Lime Zest
Easter 2014 with good friends Diana and Dennis.

I can't wait to share these recipes with you and want to wish you all a very happy, healthy, wonderful Easter Celebration!

I am trying to decide which will be my favorite dish on this year's Easter table (a game my husband and I play with nearly every meal!). I think possibly the scallop and sole mouselline, but we will see.
Ultimate Hippies!

Me getting ready to stuff the lamb 2012.This year's theme, btw, HIPPIE!
We had lots of good 70's music and throw-back stuff.
 
We hope to eat our feast Al Fresco this year, but March traditionally is a windy month in Arizona so we will just have to play it all by ear!
My hubby Jerry and me Easter 2009!
 
2011 theme--Hat Party!
LET THE FUN NEVER END!!!
LOVE TO YOU ALL AND BEST WISHES FOR A BLESSED AND HAPPY, JOY-FILLED HOLIDAY!
 
THANK YOU FOR SHARING MY LOVE OF COOKING!
 
www.cookwithcindy.com
Easter sunrise 2009. Beautiful, gentle walk to greet the sun rising!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment