Monday, February 5, 2018

BEST EVER BOSTON BAKED BEANS!

I have always believed my Mom made the best baked beans. That was until I tried this recipe, which I found online at Simply Recipes. I did change a couple things and this is what I came up with...
SLOW-COOKER BOSTON BAKED BEANS
Ingredients:
1 pound dry white beans-I used Navy Beans
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
2 tsp. salt
3 cups hot water
3 pieces thick-cut bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium onion, diced
Preparation:
Soak beans overnight in water with at least 2 inches of water above the beans as they will absorb lots of water. Next day drain beans.
Mix molasses, brown sugar, mustard, ground cloves with 3 cups of hot water.
Line the bottom of your slow cooker (aka Crock Pot) with half of the bacon pieces. Add half of the beans. Add all of the diced onion. Top with the rest of the beans and remaining bacon. Pour the molasses water mixture over the beans to just cover the beans. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours until the beans are tender. Check the water level in a few hours to make sure beans remain covered. My beans did not dry out and the 3 cups of water was the perfect amount to make nice juicy and tender beans! I served the Boston Baked Beans with Pigs in Blankets, Coleslaw and Cape Cod Potato Chips!

That's all for today.
Valentine's Day is right around the corner
and I will share with you my recipe for
Braised Beef Heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment