Thursday, April 18, 2019

BUONA PASQUA ITALIANO!

Easter Sunday dinner 2019
The theme, once again, is Italian.
Our gardens are in full bloom!
Easter is my favorite holiday. It represents new beginnings, hope, and limitless possibilities for love, joy and happiness. Being brought up in a non-religious household I did not learn the true meaning of Easter until much later.

In our house Easter was a time of feasting! This Easter is extremely special for me because I am ONE year cancer free! I am grateful for a complete and successful recovery and forever thankful to my husband, Jerry and my friends and family who supported me throughout my recovery.

However, this year also marks a very sad note as it is the first Easter celebration without our dear friend Dennis who passed away in October 2018. We have shared Easter dinners with Dennis and Diana for nearly 15 years. Cheers to you Dennis! Thankful for so many fabulous times together.

Jerry and Dennis Easter 2006
La Dolce Vita!
AND HERE'S OUR MENU...
 
APERITIVO
EASTER DEVILED EGG CHICKS
PARMESAN FRICO
CATHERINE DE MEDICI TUSCAN PATE

ANTIPASTO
SEAFOOD TERRINE ON MIXED GREENS WITH TARRAGON DIJON DRESSING

INTERMEZZO
ZESTY LEMON SORBET

PRIMO
CREAMY ORZO WITH ASPARAGUS TIPS

IL SECONDO E CONTORNO
STUFFED LEG OF LAMB SERVED WITH MINT JULIP GASTRIQUE
ROASTED BEET SALAD WITH FRENCH FETA CHEESE AND CANDIED PECANS
FOCACCIO BREAD
 
DOLCE E DIGESTIVO CON CAFFE
PANNA COTTA WITH RASPBERRY COULIS
BUNNY SUGAR COOKIES
COFFEE/ESPRESSO
HOUSE-MADE LIMONCELLO


WISHING YOU ALL MUCH
HAPPINESS
ON THIS BEAUTIFUL HOLIDAY!
 
ENJOY COOKING YOUR OWN FEAST!
 
TUNE IN AGAIN SOON...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment